Much of the direction of Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity is charted by committees. Committees meet on a regular basis to review, discuss and research various aspects of operation. Along with input from the Executive Director, the Board of Directors and staff, committees make decisions that shape Northern Ocean Habitat.
If you enjoy working with a team, and would like to be an integral part of Habitat, please consider joining one or more of our committees. Explore our committees below!
Outreach & Advocacy
- sit at and participate in table events to inform community of opportunities and resources offered by Habitat
- participate in speaking engagements
- assist in identifying communities that would benefit from Habitat
- assist in continued development of resource manual
- seeks to keep in touch with all various places of worship in northern Ocean County
- keep congregations informed about Habitat happenings
- seek support for our mission
- committee meets on the last Wednesday of every month at 11:30 a.m.
- review and prequalify homeowner repair applications
- check financial data for pre-qualification
- assist with background checks
- accompany construction team for home repair assessments
- attend meetings to vote on applications
- attend homeowner meetings to sign scopes of work contracts and complete exit interviews
- support homeowners in your area of expertise and experience
- assist home repair applicants with completing application process
- has oversight responsibility for the correct placement of revenues
- properly allocates funds to maximize interest and safeguard funds
- committee meets on the third Thursday of each month at 4:30 p.m.
- plans and executes fundraising events throughout the calendar year
- raise funds to support Habitat’s mission work
- committee meets on the last Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.