“I volunteer at Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity to reach out to those in my immediate community needing help in repairing/improving their quality of living conditions – meeting those same folks and working alongside phenomenal men and women doing so”
About Our Building Program
Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity offers construction volunteer opportunities to individuals and groups throughout Northern Ocean County. No special skills are necessary, just a desire to help people in need and make a difference in their lives. Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity has two construction programs:
New Home Construction
We build one new home for a deserving homeowner per year, usually beginning in the Spring. Work includes framing, sheathing, siding, drywall, windows, doors, flooring and trim.
Home Repair Program
This is an ongoing year round program that includes building ramps, widening doors and bathtub to shower conversions for handicapped homeowners.Projects include roof repairs, replacing windows, doors, flooring, and general maintenance.The homeowners are present while the work is being done so you get to see the smiles and appreciation for improving their lives!
1) Work is scheduled Tuesday-Saturday each week and the typical work day is 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Lunch break 12:00-12:30, unless otherwise advised volunteers should bring lunch.
2) To be active on a jobsite construction volunteers must be at least 16 years old, 18 to use power tools. Volunteers under 18 will require an adult chaperone, 21+ years old while on site. One chaperone can be responsible for up to five youth volunteers.
How to Get Started
- Print and complete the Construction Volunteer Application
- Return application to the construction director’s office via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, FAX (732-281-8048), standard mail, 1889 Rte 9 Toms River, or in person. You will be contacted to schedule an orientation meeting.
What to Expect
- A site supervisor will give a toolbox talk before work begins to discuss safety and specifics of the work planned.
2) All are welcome, no skills required!
3) All we ask is that you come ready to help with whatever is needed. Enjoy a great day of comradery with other volunteers and fulfillment for having improved someone’s life!
For construction volunteering opportunities for individuals please email Bob Conway at email@example.com 732-998-8638
For construction volunteering opportunities for groups please email Cristina Keresztes at firstname.lastname@example.org 732-228-7962
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Construction Director at email@example.com or 732-998-8638 to schedule your brief orientation.