Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, tax exempt organization under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Below is a list of acceptable items that can be donated to the ReStore.
Until further notice, we are not accepting mirrors, pictures, and frames. Thank you.
- Flooring, hardwood, carpet and rugs
- Bathroom and plumbing items
- New building materials
- Kitchen cabinets
- Landscaping, lawn and garden items
- Paint and stain
- Office furniture
- HVAC items
- Home exterior items
- Architectural items
- No Used Toilets
- No Mattresses
- No clothing
- No electronics
- No books
Homeowners like Joseph, a displaced Sandy victim, who was wheelchair-bound, ended up falling through the rotting floor of his “new” mobile home, and waited one hour for someone to come; or Virginia who kept up her home until she developed cancer and then stressed that her leaking roof would ruin her home’s well-kept interior; or Linda, whose children were embarrassed by the repairs needed inside their home, are only 3 of the 190 homeowners who have found comfort through our home repair programs. These programs include but are not limited to “A Brush With Kindness,” Critical Home Repairs, and Veteran Repairs, and Aging in Place. In addition, monetary donations are used for our New Home Program for selected, qualifying homeowner(s) to purchase a home of their own in northern Ocean County.
Gifts-in-kind are goods, services, and other items which would otherwise need to be purchased to further Northern Ocean Habitat’s mission. Donations of gently used household items to our local ReStore are the most common gifts-in-kind. However, there are almost limitless opportunities to help in other ways.
Just a few examples are:
- office equipment (computers, paper, pens, file cabinets, furniture)
- building supplies (new materials or gently-used items such as kitchen cabinets, safety glasses, aprons, work gloves, hardhats)
- services (office cleaning, printing, providing drinks/food to volunteers or for events, administrative assistance, marketing items, and signage)
- purchases (gift cards, give-a-ways and baskets for events, water/Gatorade for construction, cleaning supplies)
- expertise (legal, tax or business advice, computer or construction skills, marketing and strategic planning, fundraising)
Real Estate & Estate Planning
Homeownership is a big deal! If you have never considered the legacy you plan to leave for your family, now is the time. With the high cost of land and homes in Ocean County, property acquisition has always been a major challenge in building affordable new homes. Our successful New Home Program is due partly to receiving donated buildable lots in northern Ocean County.
If you are interested in donating a buildable property or existing house or want more information on Estate Planning, please contact Suzan Fichtner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (732) 228-7962, ext. 103.
Cars for Homes
Donating your vehicle to Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity is a great way to support our work. Donate your vehicle in three easy steps:
- Go to the Habitat for Humanity donation wizard or call toll free 1-877-277-4344.
- Provide your vehicle information and contact information.
- Schedule your car to be picked up. Specify your donation is for NORTHERN OCEAN HABITAT FOR HUMANITY.
Need help? Email Habitat for Humanity at email@example.com or call 1-877-277-4344, or for more information visit https://www.habitat.org/support/donate-your-car.
“I could not believe I could donate my junk car and help Habitat for Humanity. It had been in an accident but you still towed my car away quickly and easily!”
— Connor M., Hartford, CT
Know where your donation is going
Donations intended for NORTHERN OCEAN must be sent directly to Northern Ocean Habitat.