Interested in helping your community with a team of friends?
Read the following information on what happens on site and how to get involved!
- NOHFH books groups on a first-come first-serve basis. A confirmation email will be sent to you by NOHFH to approve your group’s date.
- Most builds take place Mondays through Saturdays around Ocean County at designated sites.
- Our construction day is from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Unless told otherwise, volunteers should bring a bag lunch. Lunch is from 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM.
- Be advised group sizes are best with at least 5 people and NOHFH enforces a maximum of 15 volunteers in one group to maximize the experience.
- To be on an active build site, construction volunteers must be 16 years old. Volunteers 16 or 17 years old will be need to have an adult chaperone while on the site. One adult chaperone can be responsible for up to 5 youth volunteers, and adult chaperones may be at least 21 years old.
- The location of the project site will be provided to the group no earlier than one week before scheduled build date. Groups are booked by date and not project site.
- Although we make every effort to anticipate the tasks that will be undertaken, you are volunteering at an active construction site, we are unable to guarantee the type of work your group will be undertaking on any specific day.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A Site Supervisor is in charge of the work and volunteers each work day.
- All are welcome – No special skills are needed!
- All we ask for is a smile and a willingness to help. We will send you home tired, dirty and happy!
“I volunteer to be part of a team that helps attain monies for projects such as A Brush with Kindness and building homes for families in need.” – Nicolette, ReStore Volunteer