Volunteers with NOHFH non-profit are the backbone of our organization.
By providing countless hours of help and support they are our superstars!
ABOUT OUR BUILDING PROGRAM
Our sites throughout Northern Ocean County have volunteer opportunities for individuals Monday-Saturday from 8:30am-4pm. Anyone is welcome and no special skills are necessary! All we ask for is a smile and a willingness to help. Our construction volunteers will do everything from pouring footings to roofing and final interior finishes.
- We build most Mondays through Saturdays at sites in and around Northern Ocean County.
- Our construction day is 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Unless otherwise advised, volunteers should bring a bag lunch. Lunch is 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM.
- To be on an active build site, construction volunteers must be 16 years old. Volunteers 16 or 17 years old will be need to have an adult chaperone while on the site. One adult chaperone can be responsible for up to 5 youth volunteers, and adult chaperones may be at least 21 years old.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
- Email, call our office, or message us on Facebook to schedule a date to volunteer.
- Not all sites are open every day though.
- Sign up on the desired day and site you would like to build at
- Watch an 18-minute safety course at http://hfhaffiliateinsurance.com/ prior to build day. Scroll down to “Online Safety Training Courses” and click “Begin Now.” Read the entire instructions before clicking on “Take Training Course Now.” Enter code W8NAEBTG, click submit, and then select “Volunteering on a Habitat for Humanity Job Site.” The course will cover all of the safety issues and etiquette while volunteering at a job site. At the end of the presentation, simply exit the program.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A Site Supervisor will be in charge of volunteers and the site during the day.
- Everyone is welcome, no knowledge is required! We will find something for you to do!
- All we ask for is that you come ready to help with whatever is needed. We will send you home tired, dirty and happy!
“I volunteer because working at the Habitat ReStore is fun!” – Ken, ReStore volunteer