qualify & apply
find out how to receive help from habitat home repair
Repair Program Requirements
- Home must be owner-occupied.
- The home must be the primary residence of the owner.
- Homeowners must be current on mortgage payments and property taxes.
- The home must be insured.
You must reside in northern Ocean County in one of the following towns: Bay Head, Beachwood, Berkeley (Bayville), Brick, Island Heights, Jackson, Lakehurst, Lakewood, Lavallette, Manchester (Whiting), Mantoloking, Ocean Gate, Point Pleasant, Point Pleasant Beach, Pine Beach, Plumsted (New Egypt), Seaside Heights, Seaside Park, South Toms River, or Toms River.
Willingness to Partner
Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity prides itself on being an organization that values volunteer labor and service as a vessel to assist more homeowners in need of simple, decent, affordable housing. As part of our organization’s commitment to providing a “hand up” not a “hand out,” we encourage homeowners to “pay it forward” through simple acts of kindness such as writing a thank you note that can be shared with donors and volunteers. Partner homeowners have the option of making a donation to enable Northern Ocean Habitat to continue to assist more low-income neighbors with housing repairs. However Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity does not require a donation. Please note the following:
● All donations are confidential and voluntary.
● All collected donations are used to expand services to individuals in need.
● No eligible person will be denied services due to an inability to make a donation.
We are here to help if your home needs repair. You must meet the income requirements. (see right)