A volunteer opportunity for teens, kids
and young people to get involved!
WHO WE ARE
The NOHFH program is a volunteer opportunity for kids teens, and young people between the ages of 12 and 18, to work in a group and/or individually and continue reaching goals for NOHFH, specifically through fundraising, leadership, educating others, volunteering and advocating for affordable housing.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO PARTICIPATING IN YOUTH UNITED?
- Build leadership skills and foster teamwork among diverse youth groups.
- Understanding why affordable housing is a necessity.
- Acquire real-world skills while satisfying your school’s community service requirements.
- Discover potential internship opportunities with corporate groups.
START A NOHFH YOUTH UNITED CLUB AT YOUR SCHOOL.
To establish a club, all you have to do is:
- Speak with your school’s principal or vice principal.
- Implement an in-school promotional campaign.
- Find a faculty advisor.
- Elect two co-chairs, a secretary, and a treasurer.
- Schedule monthly meetings for your group.
- Plan and coordinate fundraising events.
- Volunteer on construction sites and in the ReStore.
- Advocate for affordable housing.
We offer volunteer opportunities for teens and kids in Northern Ocean County on a construction site or in the ReStore or you can plan fundraisers to support the Youth United home sponsorship.
I have seen so many good deeds – people helped, lives improved – because someone cared. Do what you can to show you care about other people, and you will make our world a better place. – Rosalynn Carter